After looking through my books and reading the first few chapters, I realized that before I do anything I needed a plan. I stress about things I need to do no matter the timeline I have and I stress more about forgetting something! None of the timelines I looked over really fit my needs, they all had too much and too little. I ended up checking off most of my check list and trying to add more than I had room for. It was really starting to get messy and not at all helpful! So I erased everything and started over MY WAY!
- 12+ Finish Guest List, Book Venue
- 6+ Send out save the dates, Order Dress
- 5+ Make sure Brides maids have ordered dresses, Make Dress fitting appointments
- 4+ Buy wedding bands
- 3 Send out Invitations!
- 2 Dress fittings!
- 1 Call guests who did not RSVP & Finish any last minute To Dos
2. If there was something I could do ahead of time I would push it forward as early as I could. This can be tricky since some things need to happen in a certain order, so pay attention to what you put where.
3. I tried only put 3-4 things each month and spread out any purchases to only once every month or two. Also it is a good idea to add a fun thing to each month so you don’t get burnt out on planning!
4. Any big time consuming things would get a “Think about ______” added to the month before so I could mentally prepare or get a general idea for that To Do before I jumped into doing it.
5. Once everything was filled in and accounted for I double checked that I didn’t forget anything.
All of my worry and stress was gone!
I had my 3 things to do this month and since I am still 20 months away so they weren’t very time consuming! I knew that everything had the time to get done so there was no reason to worry about it. The funniest part was when someone would want to talk wedding stuff with me and ask me about the flowers or the dress, [insert fun wedding thing to talk about] and I would totally end up killing the conversation!